Definitions and key terms
- Cookies: Cookies are essential for a competent user experience. While you use or visit the services, we collect information about your usage and activity using cookies. A small amount of data is generated by a website and saved by your web browser. It is used to identify your browser, offer analytics, remember information about you such as your language preference or login information.
- Country: In this case, Bangladesh is where Reserveit or its owners/founders are based.
- Customer: The company, organisation, or person that signs up to use the Reserveit Service is considered as a customer.
- Device: Any internet-connected device such as a mobile phone, tablet, computer, or any other device that can be used to visit Reserveit and use the services.
- IP address: Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. An IP address is often used to identify the location from where a device is connecting to the Internet.
- Personnel: People employed by Reserveit or under contract to do a service on behalf of one of the parties.
- Personal Data: Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number allows for the identification of a natural person. Personal data we collect directly from our customers.
- Service: This refers to the service that Reserveit offers, which is explained in the terms for this platform.
- Third-party service: Refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you.
- Website: Reserveit’s site, which can be accessed via this URL: https://www.reserveitbd.com/
- You: ‘You’ means the individual accessing the service of Reserveit, as applicable.
Information We Collect
We collect information from you when you visit our service, register, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, or fill out a form.
- Name / Username
- Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Encrypted Password
For a better user experience, we also collect information from mobile devices. However, these features are completely optional:
Location (GPS): Location data helps to create an accurate representation of your interests, which can be used to bring more targeted and relevant ads to potential customers.
How we use your information
We use your personal information for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- Personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- Provide the Services, which includes providing you with the functionality and services offered through our platform and achieving your result, including but not limited to: reviewing restaurants, making reservations, notify restaurant of your choice for reservations through the Services.
- Enhance customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to our customer service requests and support needs).
- Monitor and analyse visitor activity on our website.
- Manage a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- Send periodic emails.
We do not use third-party services that may collect information used to identify you. We employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our service. References to third-party service providers used by the app are below: Firebase: Our platform uses Firebase to send push notifications to devices connected to Reserveit (for both users and vendors). Google Analytics: For the purpose of making the Reserveit website more useful to visitors, Google Analytics gathers and analyses information about visitor interactions. Twilio: Twilio serves as Reserveit's email provider. ADN SMS: It is a gateway provider in Bangladesh whose full automation tool enables Reserveit to send dynamic SMS. Barikoi and Google Maps: Barikoi and Google Maps are two location-based services that offer flat maps for use in web browsers on mobile devices. Tawk.to: Reserveit can respond to business partners more quickly using this live chat application. DigitalOcean: Our websites can use cloud computing services from this provider of cloud hosting. Email Address After submitting your email address to our service, that means you are agreeing to receive emails from us. We only send emails to people who have authorised us to contact them, either directly or through a third party. We do not send unsolicited commercial emails because we hate spam as much as you do. Data security We take precautions to protect the security of your information. Data is encrypted in transit. Your data is transferred over a secure connection. We take precautions to protect the security of your information. We have put in place physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to help protect your data, prevent unauthorised access, keep data secure, and ensure proper use. However, neither people nor security systems are error-free, including encryption systems. In addition, people can commit intentional crimes, make mistakes, or fail to follow policies. Even though we do our best to keep your personal information safe, we cannot promise that it will always be safe. If the law gives us a non-negotiable duty to protect your personal information, you agree that we will only be held to that duty if we do something intentionally wrong. Data handling Depending on how you interact with us, you may be able to ask us to update or change the information we have about you. Our internal company policies say that employees can change or update their information as needed. Customers have the right to ask that their personally identifiable information not be used or shared in the following ways: You can contact us to: 1) update or correct the personally identifiable information we have about you, 2) change your preferences about the communications and other information we send you, or 3) delete the personally identifiable information we have about you on our systems (with the exception of the next paragraph). These updates, corrections, changes, and deletions will not affect the other information we keep or the information we gave to third parties before the update, correction, change, or deletion. We will take different steps to protect your safety, such as asking you to create a unique password. You are always in charge of keeping your unique password and account information secret. As soon as we get your request, all personal information stored in databases we use and other easily searchable media will be updated, changed, corrected, or deleted, as needed, as soon as it is reasonable and technically possible to do so. Information Storage When you use our mobile app, website, or get in touch with us, you give us information about yourself. We will only process your information if we have a legal basis to do so. We only keep your information for as long as we need it to help you and for the other reasons listed in this policy.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
You agree that we are not responsible for any third-party services, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other part of them. We assume and shall bear no liability or responsibility for any third-party services provided to you or any other person or entity. We ask restaurants to promise that they will look at information in a way that is legal, but we are not responsible for how they use information that they are in charge of. To know more about how the restaurants process user information, you can check their individual privacy notice. Third-party services and links to them are only offered as a convenience to you. You access and use them at your own risk and must follow the terms and conditions of those third parties.